logo2
<

follow ielle on twitter
<

Friday, October 16, 2009/10:17 AM

This just in:
Ielle is an old Puritan woman.

So i just finished reading one of my guilty pleasures (well honestly there's no reason for it to be GUILTY, but that title just sounds better), Sarah Ellerton's webcomic, The Phoenix Requiem. Now i don't want to ruin the plot, but lets just say that there's been a proposal that's been shot down by one of the characters (which was like 6 months in the making, god this story has had a long run). I was bummed (and so was another fan, Lora I. apparently, who i talked to about this at comic con) but i said, ok well let's see where the story is going to take us.

Well apparently its taken us to the boudoir, ladies. Now mind you, I"m all for this happening. Heck like every good fangirl I've been chomping at the bit for this to have happened, but still... i think i might be a bit of a puritan after all. Here's the play by play of my initial reaction as i was reading the pages:

Uh, that character wouldn't do that. She's a good girl, she.... she'd marry him THEN... wait a second... I"M AN OLD LADY!! OMG I'm my mom, I'm my MOM!!! GAHHHHHH!!!

lol, not that my mom doesn't rock. She's just far more prudish than myself.

So why was it i found myself going, WAIT, what are you doing? -- while simultaneously being all fangirly and saying *squeeeeee* in my head. -- Honestly after some thinking, I've come to the conclusion that it was the writer in me going, this seems out of character for them both and a bit self serving to the fans to make up for the denial of the proposal.

That, or I've finally embraced my American puritanical roots.... crap. lol.








"blog design created by vanilla twilight and friends..."
Blog News! Contact Ielle Stuff to Check Out!